Who is the driving force behind woost?
Woost is a project developed by Whads, a company based in Barcelona and with more than 15 years of experience in the field of web development.
What does woost mean?
Nothing, that we know. :)
Still, it's like a blend of Whads and boost. And even better, there was aninternet domain with that name available!
Was it really necessary to develop yet another CMS?
There are lots of options when choosing a CMS, to the point of market saturation. Is it then a good idea to enter that crowded space with our own offering? What does woost do differently? Those are questions we asked ourselves, and we believe the following are the highlights of what sets our CMS appart:
- It is completely model driven
- It's designed from the ground up to work with multi-lingual content
- It's written in python, an excellent programming language
Where can I get the software? What license is it distributed under?
Woost is released under the terms of the Affero General Public License 3.0. You will find the instructions for downloading and installing it in the download section.
What kind of hosting plan do I need to install Woost?
To host a Woost application, the system will need to comply with the following requirements:
- Have a Python interpreter installed
- Allow long running processes (for the database and application server)
- Enable access to a command line (locally or through SSH, to install Python modules and launch processes)
- Dedicate 40-200 MB of RAM to the application's database / webserver processes (this can vary depending on database size and webserver load)
Shared servers usually do not have these conditions. But today, a very similiar cost, you can have a high performance VPS server. For example Linode, or Digital Ocean OVH plans offer very affordable.